Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Back At It Again

jumping into the pool with the boys on July 4th
So after an insanely busy (yet blessed) summer at Jovenes en Camino, things are finally starting to slow down. We had over 25 summer groups who passed through during the months of June and July, we opened our first ever gift shop for business, and had four pretty amazing interns who served as well.

groups brought LOTS of little caesar's 
One of my main jobs is being in charge of planning group projects and visits for all the incoming summer guests. I start planning on the JEC calendar as early as January for groups in spring break then again the summer months. Our first summer groups started coming in late May and we currently have our last one of the summer here on campus today. They will be here until Sunday.
rocking our OLIMPIA jerseys
I can never put into words what an enormous blessing it is to have visitors come back time and time again to see these boys grow. It means the world to them, therefore it means the world to me.

My friend Lindy (another bridesmaid) at the wedding
After one of our largest (and most sponsor-filled) groups left, I rushed home for my best friend's wedding. Sarah Catherine and I met in Honduras, she got engaged in Honduras with all the JEC boys, and I could honestly say our friendship is so strong because our hearts swell at the thought of the people here. As her maid of honor, it was hard not being able to be by her side through all the planning, showers, and other wedding festivities - which made it all the more special to spend the week before her wedding with her. It was so beautiful, and I'm so grateful for her and Richy (her new hubby).

Sarah Catherine Thetford Teixiera
I also was so blessed to spend some much needed time with my family on my mom's side this past weekend. We gathered at my grandparents' farm to have a fish fry (which if you knew my grandparents you would know this was oh-so-fitting) and visit with each other. It was so sweet to reminisce of our loved ones and precious memories.
my mom with our new baby cousin, Gradi Kate
As of yesterday I am back at JEC just in time for classes for the bilingual boys. Five will start there tomorrow, and Nelson had registration yesterday at his new high school in Tegucigalpa. Please pray for them as they start the new school year. Pray for their teachers (who will need patience) and for us here at JEC as we encourage them to start (and finish) strong.

Nelson and me (he's starting high school tomorrow!)
I will return in October to Nashville for our first ever Fiesta 5k to benefit and raise awareness about Jovenes. Please consider joining us in Franklin, TN on October 12th at 8AM to support the boys! All information can be found on the JEC website. If you are not able to make the trek to Nashville - please share our information and tell all your friends! It's going to be a great day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment