Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Mi Casa


Some have asked about my living arrangements for the next few months, so here's a little picture of my little "casita". I mentioned my little "abuela" in a previous blog, and I'm not quite sure what her marital status is - whether divorced or widowed - but she now occupies this house with her best pal and seemingly soulmate, Frigo.

Frigo and I had a rough start. The first day I arrived, he decided to lunge at my quad muscle and take a chunk out of my jeans. Good start - for sure. I'm a huge dog-lover, so this upset me as it was our first encounter. Luckily Frigo has come to know my face, and now he let's me rub his belly and floppy ears. Occasionally he'll wander into my room, which is in the very back of the house right next to the bathroom. If he decides to be "tramposo", or sneaky, he'll grab a pair of socks or underwear lying around and sprint out really fast.

To say the room is bright is not truly describing just how lime green it truly is. Just to make things even greater, my bed sheets I brought were lime green and the ones provided are Barney purple. I also have a lime green LL Bean suitcase, so the room really just looks like straight up out of a tacky Barney episode. The room is probably 12x15... so smaller than a dorm room. Right now I'm sharing the room with Stephanie Fulford, a good friend from Nashville who's working at the clinic with me doing some translating and getting some "unusual" nursing experiences.


The bathroom situation - well - I'll keep it short and sweet. It's tiny, and just big enough for a toilet, sink, and shower. The shower lever is one temperature, since there is only one to turn on the water. When it rains, the pressure is hard and cold. Unfortunately it has rained about every day we've been here except two. Warm showers aren't really in my vocabulary anymore. The best way to describe it is to say each time I duck my head under the water feels like I'm jumping in the gorge at church camp. This is not me complaining, just sharing the hilarity that is my life. Needless to say, I've perfected the 3 minute shower.

Hope everyone is doing well at home. Miss you all lots.

Luckily found Modern Family today on TV, and it's in ENGLISH! WOO HOO. Happy Hump Day.

1 comment:

  1. I just laughed out loud reading this about you room, bed sheets, and suitcase. I'm surprised you dont have an ongoing headache from the assult of color!!

    ReplyDelete