Thursday, April 25, 2013

Simple Luxuries

I'm back in the United States! My brother is actually getting married this Saturday, so I've been home the past week and a half helping tie up loose ends, get fitted for my bridesmaids dress, and enjoy some time with him and his fiance, Katelyn, before their big day. I'm so happy for them as they get to start their new life together.

On the other hand, I've been really spoiling myself here - taking in several beautiful days filled with spring flowers, nice breezes, and even a little sun. So while driving around the other day with a high of 70 something, I started to notice a few more things that really are luxuries that I miss oh-so-much while in Honduras. Hope you enjoy and appreciate these things (however small they may seem) next time you see them/do them/etc.


1. GREEN GRASS
2. spring (in general - we don't get that in Honduras)
3. drive through banking
4. not paying for drinking water
5. speed limits (these don't exist in Honduras)
6. saying hello and smiling at strangers
7. my sweet, sweet bed
8. CARPET + hardwood floors
9. grilling on the back patio
10. fresh berries + salads



Ah, the simple luxuries in life...

No comments:

Post a Comment