Friday, August 12, 2011

Visitors!


I have been quite the busy girl! I had visitors this past week, and I have been running around with all my friends from Nashville! Steve Davidson brought a random group of amazingly awesome people. While three or four of them were former friends, I absolutely adored the other families who joined us on the trip. Not only did I enjoy having friends with whom I could speak english to, but I also had my FIRST HOT SHOWER since I have arrived in Honduras. Hot showers all week in the Mariott hotel, plus pillows and sheets, and not to mention eating lots of good, yummy, American food. It was nice to take a break from all the rice, beans, and PB sandwiches.


Together we built a house in Mirador del Oriente, the village I visit every weekend to spend some time with Mariana (see former post) and her family. We also had the incredible pleasure of spending THREE full days with the boys at Jovenes. Two days were spent on their campus, and the third day was seriously the best of both worlds. All the boys at JEC came to Mirador for church on Sunday! I was able to see all my favorite ninos together for the first time. I loved having the opportunity to introduce (or try to) all my little Jovenes boys to my buddies in Mirador.

I miss the group already, but I'm anxiously awaiting my moving date to Jovenes! Can't wait to spend everyday with these little freaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment