Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Nothing Will Ever Matter

"Do you know that nothing you do in this life will matter, unless it is about loving God and loving the people He has made?" -Francis Chain

I saw this quote this morning on my Facebook, and it really resonated with me. I know I am sinner. I think that's step one, right? I've got that pretty well covered. But what am I doing about it? Just because I'm living in Honduras as a "missionary" doesn't mean I get to pass GO & collect salvation. Because that life doesn't exist. So why does it matter?


Well to me it matters because I have been brought to this earth for a reason. So whatever you believe about God or another higher being, can you at least agree you were born to fulfill some purpose? I believe this is what I am here for.
I am here to love God, do His will, and love His people. 
All those things can be done in the comfort of your own hometown. That's the glorious part about it. And you're allowed to mess up (a lot). Actually that may be the best part - I'm held accountable, but I'm forgiven when I make mistakes... because I tend to do that often.


My goal is to somehow change people's lives for the better. No matter how small of a difference, I want to make one. I can't do that in a meaningful way unless I'm doing it for Him. So when these boys test me to my limit, when I'm homesick like crazy, when I'm down and feeling lonely, when I miss the comforts of home - I push myself to remember WHY I'm here in the first place.

Because nothing I do in this life will ever matter unless I'm doing it because I love Jesus, and I love his people. 

1 comment:

  1. Annie, you are such an inspiration to me and so many others. Just in case you don't hear it enough or don't always see it, you are doing amazing things in Honduras. God is with you and it shows. Keep doing what you are doing because it works!

    ReplyDelete