Friday, February 28, 2014

10 Years

A decade.
                          

Jovenes en Camino, as of Wednesday, celebrates a decade of service.

Service to all the boys who have come, gone, and remain.

We could not be more proud of all God has done in this past ten years. Clearly we've had our ups and downs just like everyone, but we are currently on top of the mountain praising God and screaming how much we love him.

Darwin
I say this because this is how the employees feel. And the employees feel this way because of the progress we've seen in the boys and the campus. The campus is more beautiful than ever, and from my last post you can see how well the boys are doing in school.
The boys are healthy, happy, and this is home. We have 55 boys who currently learn everyday more and more about becoming a man of God. We have 22 full time employees who are such amazing examples to these boys.

Guity
I cannot personally begin to describe how much of a blessing this place is to my life and to the life of many others. It has changed my outlook on life. I hope I never go back to living the way I did. I hope I always remember what God showed me here, what He did here, and how many lives He saved by working through the hearts of the JEC family. 

Norman
Tomorrow (Friday) we are inviting about 150 guests to help us celebrate this milestone. We will have a morning ceremony where the boys will participate and share what JEC has meant to them over the past decade. We will share a meal between the boys, the employees, their families, and special guests. We have invited the local mayor and director of the public school. Please pray the event goes over smoothly and these people can see God’s love through our boys. 

fall 2011
In the afternoon we’ll have our February birthday parties with homemade, anniversary piñatas and lots of cake and ice cream. We have also invited the girls’ orphanage, “Faith, Hope & Love”, where several of our boys have sisters in the capital. All 25 girls will be joining us to participate and help build a stronger relationship between our two homes. 


It will be a long and exhausting day full of many happy hearts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment